大家好,欢迎来到IT知识分享网。
习语 drag feet 或 drag heels 的字面意思是“拖脚”或“拖脚后跟”,可想而知它比喻有的人做事情故意耽搁,可以意为“故意拖延,拖拖拉拉”,拖谁的腿就用谁对应的形容词性物主代词,例如:
本意:
Please stop dragging your feet, you’re going to wear out the soles of your shoes.
请别再拖着你的脚,你的鞋底会磨坏的。
寓意:
act reluctantly or without enthusiasm
不情愿地或没有热情地行动
to do something slowly because you do not want to do it
因为你不想做某事而慢慢地做
postpone doing what one should be doing
推迟做该做的事
act or work with intentional slowness, deliberately hold back or delay
故意缓慢地或拖延地行动或工作
例如:
It is not a good idea to drag your feet when the work needs to be done.
拖延工作是不好的。
I suspect the government is dragging its heels over this issue.
我怀疑政府在这个问题上拖后腿。
We don’t want to look as if we’re dragging our heels over promoting women to senior positions.
我们不想让人觉得我们在把女性提升到高级职位上拖后腿。
We can’t be late for the dentist, so quit dragging your feet and get in the car!
看牙医我们不能迟到,所以别拖拖拉拉了,上车吧!
The government has been dragging its feet in bringing up a bill in the Parliament on land acquisition.
政府在向议会提出一项关于土地征用的法案时一直拖拖拉拉。
I have been dragging my feet about filing my taxes.
我一直在拖延报税。
When they told us they wanted to put computers in our classrooms, we dragged our heels a little bit.
当他们告诉我们要在教室里安装电脑时,我们有点犹豫不决。
时间是不可再生资源,做事情我们不要拖拖拉拉,浪费宝贵的时间,而要争分夺秒,充分利用时间。
免责声明:本站所有文章内容,图片,视频等均是来源于用户投稿和互联网及文摘转载整编而成,不代表本站观点,不承担相关法律责任。其著作权各归其原作者或其出版社所有。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容,侵犯到您的权益,请在线联系站长,一经查实,本站将立刻删除。 本文来自网络,若有侵权,请联系删除,如若转载,请注明出处:https://yundeesoft.com/64872.html