大家好,欢迎来到IT知识分享网。
A habit is something that you do in a regular and repeated way.
习惯是你经常和反复地做的事情。
You may have both good and bad habits, but what about old habit?
你可能既有好习惯,也有坏习惯,但是‘老习惯’是什么意思呢?
一起来看个对话吧:
A: Didn’t you say you wanted to stop drinking coffee for a while.
你不是说你想暂时停止喝咖啡吗?
B: I did, I was trying to drink tea each morning instead of coffee, but it didn’t go so well.
是的,我曾试着每天早上喝茶来代替咖啡,但是事情并非这样。
A: well,old habits die hard.
好吧,旧习惯难改。
B: And this a seriously old habit, I started drinking coffee when I was 11.
这是一个很老的习惯了, 我11岁开始喝咖啡。
Old habits die hard is used to express how hard it is to stop doing things you have been doing for a long time. Most people find it difficult to change their regular routine or behavior.
“Old habits die hard ”用来表示要改变你已经做了很长时间的事情是件非常困难的事。大多数人都觉得很难改变他们的常规或行为。
Old habits die hard
旧习难改;本性难移;积习难改;江山易改,本性难移;積習難改
举个例子:
1 However, old habits die hard, and there was still foot-binding going on well into the1930’s in some areas.
然而,陋习难改。到30年代时,还有一些地区进行裹脚。
2 As the saying goes,” old habits die hard”, our earnest attempts to break those habits often end in frustration.
正如俗话所说:本性难移,我们认真的努力要改掉它却总以失败告终。
免责声明:本站所有文章内容,图片,视频等均是来源于用户投稿和互联网及文摘转载整编而成,不代表本站观点,不承担相关法律责任。其著作权各归其原作者或其出版社所有。如发现本站有涉嫌抄袭侵权/违法违规的内容,侵犯到您的权益,请在线联系站长,一经查实,本站将立刻删除。 本文来自网络,若有侵权,请联系删除,如若转载,请注明出处:https://yundeesoft.com/71182.html